Currently, our site is under maintenance and we appreciate your patience as we strive to make the site easier to navigate and organize/load new resources to create a more user friendly resource. Visitors can still access all materials initially created for Writing Matters as we shift to housing additional literacy strand resources on one site.
Grade Specific Resources for Writing
Writing Best Practices
- Writing Standards
- Common Core Writing Standards: Appendix: pages 23-25
- Writing to Read: Evidence for How Writing Can Improve Reading
- What Works: Teaching Elementary School Students to be Effective Writers
- Writing Next: Effective Strategies to Improve Writing of Adolescents in Middle and High School
- Writing Now: A Policy Research Brief produced by the National Council of Teachers in English
- Teaching Secondary Students to Write Effectively NEW!
- Foundational Skills to Support Reading for Understanding in Kindergarten through Third Grade NEW!
**Items previously located here have been moved to the button titled "Teacher Leaders"